FMS P-40B P40B Flying Tigers Wingspan Warbird PNP
- The 980mm High Speed P-40B Warhawk PNP is another fantastic warbird from FMS. Besides an accurate color livery representing American WWII Ace Robert Tharp "RT" Smith, of the AVG, popularly known as the "Flying Tigers", expect way more than scale speed from this plane. This bird is extremely fast and can fly straight and level over the runway and average the passes in each direction to get these figures. You can optionally go to a non scale 2 blade prop (not included) to achieve higher speeds well in excess of 100mph. The speed is just fine on the stock 3 blade prop. If you are not a speed guy, you will still enjoy this plane cause it's nice and stable at half throttle. Vertical is essentially unlimited. The High Speed Warhawk, manufactured using lightweight but highly durable EPO foam, comes equipped with 4 metal gear digital servos. Ball link connectors are used replacing the traditional clevis for a more positive link to control surfaces, and two composite spars are used in the wing for added strength when making those “High Speed” passes over your flying site.
- Quick assembly using only a screwdriver and a few drops of glue
- Super scale appearance including hand-painted pilot, 3-blade prop, detailed cockpit, authentic graphics and aux fuel tank
- Accurate color livery representing American WWII Ace Robert Tharp "RT" Smith, of the AVG, popularly known as the "Flying Tigers"
- LED Navigation lights for those dusk/dawn patrols
- This High Speed version is equipped with a 770Kv motor and 70Amp ESC to handle 4S batteries with ease to achieve 95-100mph
- Newly designed ball link control hardware replaces traditional clevises
- Modular Motor Board allows use of both 3536 and 3648 motors for both standard and high speed versions
- One piece wing with spars molded into the wing
- Manufactured from durable EPO foam